THE DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF HEVER PARISH COUNCIL.

Tuesday 21st January 2020 at 7.00PM.  Held at Markbeech Village hall.

 

Present:  Rick Brookes-Smith (RBS), Angela Haydon (AH), Bonnie White (BW), Christine Thompson (CT), Stephen Sadler (SS)

Also in attendance: Charlotte Cole (CC, Clerk) and 2 members of the public. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.

1.To receive apologies – to arrive late; John Hodson (JH) 7.10pm Joanna Wade (JW) Stephen Lark (SL) 7.11pm. In the absence of Chair and Vice Chair, SS Chaired the meeting.

To receive declarations of interest in respect of items on the Agenda. To be specified per item.

  1. To approve accuracy of minutes from the previous meetings (Minutes from 21.11.19). Previously circulated draft minutes approved by all and signed by JH (on arrival).
  2. Public Forum.

Peter Lake (Kent County Councillor) updated on; Public right of way SR577 due to Hever station area landslip.  Potholes, loose manhole cover, flooding, ditches discussed, particularly in How Green Lane.  Noting KCC receive 6000 pothole enquiries a month.  Supports the HPC initiative for offering grants towards self closing gates on PROW.  PL will be recommending a 4% increase in KCC budget.  There are 400 young (<16 years) asylum seekers in Kent.

Matthew Dickins (Sevenoaks District Councillor) updated that comments on SDC Local Plan would be in an article in the Link magazine http://hever.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Link-Feb-2020-web.pdf

Supported HPC Agenda item #15 regarding improving communications relating to parish wide licensing applications.  Continues to encourage a solution to Cowden station parking issues.  Claydene Farm planning application – being heard at SDC planning committee Feb.  Has been re-allocated to Emma Gore, Planning Officer.  High Weald AONB Design guide published http://www.highweald.org/news/2386-new-high-weald-housing-design-guide.html

PL and MD left at 7.20pm.

 

  1. History of village grant funding discussed. Clerk to add population figures and Council tax rates for information. Note some spending led to assets being retained by HPC.

5i. Payments and receipts since last meeting, bank reconciliation and verification by member of FEC.

 

5ii.  Grant applications;

£200 requested towards self closing gate on PROW in Four Elms.  HPC have offered support to landowners http://hever.org/is-there-a-stile-that-needs-replacing noting KCC and landowner responsibility.  Resolved to offer £50 this financial year for this application.

6.  HPC Affordable Housing Project.  The Clerk had now received analysis by Sevenoaks District Council on possible rural affordable housing exception sites in the parish and had a meeting in December between the HPC working party (Clerk, SS, CT) and English Rural Housing association.  Landowner negotiations would be the responsibility of English Rural.  A period of full and comprehensive public consultations would take place before HPC consider whether to formally support the project.  Only after this time, could any planning application be considered.  Need to initially consult with KCC Highways for their guidance.  This could be the main topic for discussion at the May Assembly (Thursday 28th May 7pm Hever Village hall).

 

7.  Gatwick update – SL had d/w Richard Strefeild regarding Noise Management Board issues and noted the concerns over use of the emergency runway.  Chiddingstone parish Council have recently contributed £500 to the campaign; http://www.chiddingstone.org/Core/ChiddingstonePC/UserFiles/Files/Minutes/Chidd%20Minutes%20Dec19.pdf

Noting various lobbying groups; http://www.hwcaag.org/  http://www.gatwickobviouslynot.org/  (campaign is Gatwick’s Big Enough)  http://www.gacc.org.uk/

 

8. VE DAY 75 CELEBRATIONS 8TH – 10TH MAY 2020 8th May 2020. www.veday75.org

Hever castle has kindly offered to host the event, evening of Friday 8th May for exclusive use in the Loggia / Pavilion.  Hever Residents Association involved.  £1,000 has just been agreed in the budget by HPC as an underwriting cost. HPC is not the organiser or lead, the community are invited as (ticketed – free) guests of the castle.  Insurance, staffing, food and drink arranged by the Castle. No fireworks planned. Hire of boats / band tbc. Costs of staffing, band, boats etc. to be met through the Community.

 

9. Hever Parish Field – request from Governors of Hever Primary school to re-route path for pedestrians, to

pass in front of hut / shed on Hever Parish Field (owned by HPC).  In principle HPC support this, subject to clarity

on exact route, maintaining access for all users, whether planning permission required, cost, relocation of dog

bins etc.  Clerk to meet with Governors on site and report back.

 

10.  CONSULTATIONS

i) Kent County Council Consultations Strategic Statement – Five Year Plan.  The Council did not wish to comment.

ii) KCC Select Committee on Affordable Housing.  Clerk to forward information to SS / CT to generate comment.

iii) Green Belt Manifesto meeting hosted by Halstead Green Belt Future Group on 28 January 2020.  The Council did not wish to attend.

11. To determine matters arising from the previous minutes for updating / noting (Chair).  None.

12. GDPR – to update any developments or actions required.  None.

13.  Planning; applications responded to and outcomes – attached to agenda.

14.  Urgent issues at the discretion of the Chairman for noting or inclusion on future agenda.

To review plans for Spring litter pick.  Clerk to consult with relevant locals and Cllrs.

15.  Other correspondence for noting. 

·         Thank you so much for your kind donation, we really appreciate your help towards this project. We are currently working hard to improve the outside area for the children and a Sensory Garden will really be a welcome addition for their outside learning. We will keep you up to date with our progress and if you would like to come and have a look at some stage, please let me know.  Lisa Rogers, School Business Manager, Hever CE Primary School

·         Dear Charlotte, on behalf of St. Paul’s PCC may I ask that you convey are thanks and appreciation to the members of Hever PCC for their award of a Grant towards the installation of CCTV in the Church.  Yours sincerely, Mary Proctor Hon Treasurer PCC St. Paul’s

·         The Clerk is in communication with Sevenoaks District Council regarding Licensing Applications – Town and Parish Councils are no longer receiving notifications of.

·         Edenbridge Health and Wellbeing Centre – public meeting on 07.02.20.  Council representative will be attending.  Unfortunately, event “sold out” within 24 hours, have suggested they find larger venue.

·         Hever School – fete proposed on 04.07.2020

 

The meeting ended at 8.30pm.

 

NEXT MEETING –  Tuesday 17th March Hever village hall 7pm planning, 7.30pm Full meeting.