Hever Residents Association
Hever Residents Association is a voluntary and non-profit making organisation. Our stated aims are “to preserve, protect and if possible, improve the local environment”.
To this end, we have been the instigators of or involved with various village events, improvements and preservation projects since the association was formed in January 1990.
Events in 2018
HRA holds a number of annual events aimed at bringing the community together. Upcoming events include:
- A scarecrow competition, details to be confirmed.
- A Halloween event, details to be confirmed.
- Carol singing on Saturday 15 December at St Peter’s Church. This event is being held, as always, in conjunction with St Peter’s Church, the Parish Council and The Henry which has mulled wine and mince pies to help you warm up those singing voices. Edenbridge Town Band will be accompanying us and helping us get into the festive spirit.
Other events that have taken place this year include:
- An Easter egg hunt in conjunction with St Peter’s Church.
- The AGM which featured a beer tasting experience by the 2017 award winning brewer Hofmeister.
- The “yarn bomb” and decoration of the village for Prince Harry and Megan Markle’s wedding. You may have seen the happy couple waiting at the bus station for the next bus to Windsor!
What else do we do?
- We keep an eye on planning applications and let members know if any major issues arise.
- HRA made successful representations to Sevenoaks District Council to limit potential noise and traffic nuisance from the Leefest festival.
- The red telephone box on Uckfield Lane, once derelict, has been refurbished by HRA and now stands as a proud landmark.
- HRA erected the village notice board opposite the Henry, the beacon post on the parish field, and researched, designed and installed the village sign that hangs from it.
For more information on how HRA started and what we have achieved over the years, please see the history of the HRA.
These are just some of the things made possible by your support.
Help us help you…
Villages, such as ours, rely heavily on the support of their residents. In rural communities residents associations carry some “clout” with Local Authorities and other agencies, which helps give local people a voice that will be listened to and heeded (well – sometimes!)
Whether it be the state of the roads and verges, litter and fly tipping or any one of hundreds of other rural issues your subscriptions help us meet our stated aims and maintain Hever as a village we are all proud to be a part of.
Please become a member and help us achieve these aims.
We would also love to hear from you if you are interested in getting involved, either by becoming a committee member or an associate committee member and just lending a hand on the odd occasion. If you are interested in helping us, please contact Laura Palmer: email@example.com 01732 864 257 Brooke Cottage, Uckfield Lane, Hever, TN8 7LG.