HEVER PARISH COUNCIL (HPC) PLANNING COMMITTEE (PC)– TERMS OF REFERENCE
- The Committee has executive powers, to be exercised in accordance with the law, the Council’s Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and any approved policy framework.
- The following matters are delegated to this Committee to make decisions on behalf of HPC. The Council may at any time, following resolution, revoke any delegated authority.
- The Committee may decide not to exercise delegated responsibilities and may instead make a recommendation to the Council.
- The Council / Committee is a consultee.
1i. Membership shall be determined each year at the AGM of HPC at which time, the Chairman for the year will be elected.
1ii. At the first meeting of the PC following the AGM, a Deputy Chairman shall be elected.
1iii. The PC will consist of 4 or more members. A quorum is 3 members. In the event of a vacancy, the committee can co-opt with follow on ratification by the full Council thereafter. (Power under its S101 delegation to recruit new members).
1iv. The PC will meet a minimum of 4 times a year with the meeting dates decided by the PC. These meetings may immediately precede the full Council meeting.
1v. As in any meeting, where there is a conflict of interest or pecuniary interest in the application, the Cllr. must exclude themselves from discussions / involvements in the process and this be documented. See HPC standing orders for other conduct matters.
1vi. It is the Chairman’s decision if a site visit is required.
2i. A record of the applications received, considered, responses to and outcomes of to be kept by the Clerk. Decisions made by the PC where HPC is a statutory consultee will be submitted to SDC by the deadline by the Clerk. A record of the meetings is to be reported to and received by HPC at each meeting (forming part of the Agenda attachments).
3i. The principle purpose of the PC is to consider a timely response (where appropriate) to all;
- Planning applications and appeals received from the LPA where HPC is a statutory consultee.
- Planning notifications received from LPA.
- Local planning / plans by neighbouring councils (parish, town, district or county).
- Consultations on open spaces, Character assessments, call for sites by SDC.
- As required, highway or road closures, tree preservation orders, street naming.
4i. Any application that cannot be considered by the Committee within the timeframes allocated by the LPA shall follow the following procedure;
- a) Request the LPA for a suitable time extension. If unsuccessful;
- b) Delegated powers to the Clerk to consult with the PC Vice / Chairman and to receive comments from a minimum of 3 PC members to formulate a response. If there is no majority of consensus, deciding vote to the Chair.
This is in addition to advertising the application (on website, Facebook and on parish noticeboards) and option for locals (by prior arrangement) to view paper plans via the Clerk (as is standard practice).
- Unless there is a HPC resolution to the contrary, every committee may appoint a subcommittee whose terms of reference and members shall be determined by resolution of the committee.
Where HPC PC NOT a statutory consultee (suffixes in application);
DETAIL – Submission of Approval of Details
ADJ or ADJAPP – Adjoining Authority Consultations
AGRNOT – Agricultural/Forestry Notifications
DEMNOT – Demolition Consultation Demolition Notification – Details
DEDET RG5, RG9, RG10 or RG1 – Environmental Impact Assessment applications
HEDNOT – Hedgerow Removal Notification
KCCRG3, KCCRG4, DIVERT or PROW – Kent County Council consultations
LDCLBC – Lawful Development Certificate Listed Building
LDCPR – Lawful Development Certificate Proposed
NMA – Non-Material Amendments
PAE – Prior Approval Extension
PAC – Prior Approval Change of Use
WTPO, WTCA, WTREE or W5DAY – Works to Trees
Sevenoaks District Council – www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/online-applications
Kent County Council – http://www.kent.gov.uk/waste-planning-and-land/planning-applications
Primary schools ; Four Elms primary school – http://www.four-elms.kent.sch.uk/website
Hever Church of England (Rochester Diocese) primary school – http://www.hever.kent.sch.uk/ )
Village Hall committees http://www.markbeechvillagehall.org.uk/
Health providers (Clinical Care Commissioning group – http://www.southeastcsu.nhs.uk/ , Edenbridge Medical Centre – http://www.edenbridgemedicalpractice.nhs.uk/ )
National Association of Local Councils – http://www.nalc.gov.uk/
Kent Association of Local Councils – http://www.kentalc.gov.uk/
Campaign to Protect Rural England – www.cpre.org.uk
Action with Communities in Rural Kent – www.ruralkent.org.uk
HPC – Hever Parish Council
PC – Planning Committee
AGM – Annual General Meeting
LPA – Local Planning Authority
SDC – Sevenoaks District Council