Hever.org

Covering the villages of Four Elms, Hever & Markbeech

Agenda for HPC meeting Wednesday 21st November 7.30pm (planning at 7.15pm) Four Elms Village hall

2018 Nov HPC agenda final

Housing HEVER PARISH COUNCIL – Nov 2018

2018 Sept draft minutes

GDPR October 2018

 

finance and planning applications update to be provided at the meeting.

 

Hever Parish Council thanks all those who served, sacrificed and changed our world 1918 – 2018.

Image may contain: flower, text and nature

Police Crime Commissioner to sell Edenbridge Police Station

Police Crime Commissioner to sell Edenbridge Police Station
Posted on Nov 6, 2018
Police Crime Commissioner to sell Edenbridge Police Station
‘PCC announces closure of Edenbridge Police Station. The announcement was included as one line in a press release entitled ‘Kent Police to move Deal front office’. Click here for press release. The additional information states that the police office in the High Street is to be sold as the building has not served as an operational police station for more than a decade. The town PCSOs who work at the office will, in future, be able to use the fire station in the High Street instead. Disposing of the site will save Kent Police around £22,500 a year in running costs. The money received from the sale of the building will be available in future to spend on policing.

Edenbridge Town Council is extremely disappointed and will be discussing what action to take at the Council meeting on Monday night (12 November). The Police Crime Commissioner Matthew Scott has been asked to come to Edenbridge to explain his reasons to the residents. Details of this meeting will be publicised once a reply has been received from him.

Hever Parish Council will be discussing this news at their next meeting on 21st November 7.30pm Four Elms Village Hall, all welcome.

Preferred location for new, combined hospital and GP surgery in Edenbridge

Edenbridge News Release 01.11.18

Sevenoaks District Council’s annual Community Grants Scheme

Sevenoaks District Council’s annual Community Grants Scheme is now open for voluntary and community groups to apply. Successful applicants will receive their funding in April 2019.

https://www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/info/20026/community/43/community_funding

Other funding advice

Voluntary and community organisations can contact the following organisations for information and advice about funding:

DRAFT THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF HEVER PARISH COUNCIL . TUESDAY 18 th September 2018 AT 7.30PM. Held at Hever Village hall.

2018 Sept draft minutes

 

Present:  Cllrs., John Hodson (JH) (Chair), Angela Haydon (AH), Bonnie White (BW), Duncan Leslie (DL), Christine Thompson (CT), Stephen Sadler (SS).

 

Also in attendance: Charlotte Cole (CC, Clerk), Peter Lake (PL), Matthew Dickins (MD), and 5 members of the public.  The meeting commenced at 7.30pm.

 

1.To receive apologies – Joanna Wade (JW) working, Stephen Lark (SL) personal, Rick Brookes-Smith (RBS)                  personal.  These apologies were accepted and noted.

2. To receive declarations of interest in respect of items on the Agenda. To be specified per item.

3. To approve accuracy of minutes from the previous meetings (Minutes from 25.07.18)). Approved by all and signed by JH.

4.  Public Forum

PL (Peter.lake@kent.gov.uk) – discussions relating to item 5 on the agenda.  He proposes a traffic survey (April 2019) for Four Elms and then the opportunity to debate options.  Noted recent press coverage of risks of 20mph limits (Daily Telegraph 15.09.18).  Further discussions from HPC and from members of the public around – effectiveness, enforcement, limit vs. zone, signage, physical obstructions.  All noted that driver behaviour paramount. Hever and Markbeech have concerns about national speed limits too.  Cllr. Lake to raise with Highways.

Rural buses and school transport oversubscribed, similar issues to many parts of Kent.

MD updated from Sevenoaks District Council (SDC) – relating to item 12.  No information from Licensing as yet.  A number of people had unsuccessfully tried to contact the landowner by email.

 

6.  SDC Draft Local Plan – comments submitted by HPC noted (attached to this Agenda) as were Clive Pearman’s (Cllr. For Edenbridge Town Council) history of Edenbridge and District War Memorial Hospital.  Since noted that no school has submitted planning proposals for any sites in Edenbridge.

PL and MD left.

 

 7.  Affordable housing – CT proposed to the full Council, the setting up of a “HPC Affordable Housing working party”, which would be;

a)            To research, report and recommend as an advisory body to the full Council (under S102 powers 1972 LGA).  To be task specific and time limited.

b)            To examine an issue in detail, read reports and related materials, examine options, get advice for the Council.

c)            To act as experts and/or liaise with experts, which will include neighbouring parish and town Councils, Campaign for the Protection of Rural England, Sevenoaks District Council, ACRK (Action with Communities in Rural Kent).

d)            No funding or monies to be spent or committed without delegated authority or prior Full Council endorsement.

e)            Quorate: Minimum of 2 Councillors at each meeting and the proper officer (Clerk).  The core team is SS                        and CT.

f)            A Working Party does not meet in public, therefore Standing Orders are not applicable, although the                      Code of Conduct still applies.

 

The full Council agreed to this proposal.

CT advised that much time had been spent to date meeting with housing associations and further investigative work was required before recommending one if appropriate.  There is no contractual or financial relationship with HPC.

There may be a need to hold an extraordinary meeting of HPC.

 

8.  Elections – Note District and Parish Council elections May 2019.

 

9.  GDPR – CC discussed “gold standard” of GDPR requirements.  Although not legally obliged to instruct a Data Protection Officer, someone with the skills, time, knowledge, professional qualifications, independence and ability and willingness to take on the responsibility would still need to do the required work.  Discussions had regarding this and the option to fund encrypted laptops for each Cllr.

It was resolved for Clerk to; Discuss with other District Town and Parish Councils, undertake data audit and risk assessment within 6 months, item to remain on Agenda.  Cllrs. reminded that any resident communication should initially come via Clerk, otherwise Cllr. Is obliged to register (at a cost) with Information Commissioner Officer.

 

10.  Possible village party – Dates tbc. From Hever Castle (DL) and logistics / organisation.

 

11.  Relaunch of hever.org and The Link (Church magazine) – JW now editor of Link and HPC have changed website and now hosted by 1and1.  New diary and community pages to be publicised.  Council resolved to fund up to £200 for the re launch.

 

12. ? Event on field in Lydens Lane, Edenbridge – Clerk, Hever Residents Association and MD to continue to make contact with landowner (who had contact neighbours as part of consultation).

 

13.  Matters arising from previous minutes – no outstanding actions.

 

14i.  Planning and Licensing – update attached to agenda.

 

14ii.  Gatwick – No report.

15. Financial update – attached to agenda.

16. Urgent / other issues.    SS had a query from a resident in Four Elms regarding playground – why no basket swing.  Clerk advised of the process of equipment selection and why other equipment chosen in preference (less vandalism risk, cheaper etc.).

Resident asked about booking of Parish Rooms – Council advised that via FE school.

 

17.  Other correspondence for noting –attached to agenda.

KCC Household Waste Recycling Centre.  Council wished the Clerk to respond.

Meeting ended 8.45pm

 

 

NEXT MEETING  Wednesday 21st November   FOUR ELMS VILLAGE HALL 7.30 PM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Grab your community grant of up to £5,000

 

 

Sevenoaks District Council is now offering grants of up to £5,000 to local voluntary and charity organisations to provide vital services that benefit the most vulnerable residents in the District.

The main aim of the Council’s Community Grant Scheme is to support volunteer-led projects that boost the health and wellbeing of people who live in the District.

Cllr Roddy Hogarth, Sevenoaks District Council Cabinet Member for Community Grants, says: “Our community grants have enabled voluntary and charitable groups the chance to improve the quality of life for many, especially our vulnerable, older and younger residents.”

“I urge you to take advantage of this opportunity. If you are interested, or need extra advice, please do not hesitate to contact us.”

The deadline for applications for grants between £100 and £5000 is Friday 23 November. Successful applicants will receive their funding in April 2019.

Application packs are available on request by emailing grants@sevenoaks.gov.uk or by calling 01732 227000.

Macmillan coffee morning Friday 28th September 9am – 1pm Hever village Hall

THIS SATURDAY BULK REFUSE FREIGHTER

 
Saturday 22nd September
 
Four Elms VILLAGE HALL 8 – 9.15am then
MARKBEECH village hall 9.30 – 10.45 am
 
We cannot take Electrical Appliances/ Metal / Hard Core / Large Amounts of Garden Waste / Large Panes of Glass / Oil or Paint.
 
Please DO NOT arrive early or leave items on site, otherwise will be classed as flytipping and information passed to the police, thank you.
 
This is a FREE service to residents of the parish, funded by HPC.
Any queries to clerk@hever.org

Agenda for Hever Parish Council meeting – to be held at HEVER Village Hall. on TUESDAY  18th September 2018 commencing at 7.30pm

 

To:    The Members of Hever Parish Council

I hereby summon you to attend the meeting of Hever Parish Council to be held at HEVER Village Hall.

on TUESDAY  18th September 2018 commencing at 7.30pm for the transaction of business as set out below.

Signed; Clerk              Date   10.09.18 *attachment / printed copy

To assist in the speedy and efficient dispatch of business, please contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting if further factual information is required on an item on the Agenda.

  1. To receive apologies.
  2. Declarations of interest in respect of business specified on the agenda
  3. *To approve the accuracy of Minutes of the previous meeting (Chair).
  4. Public Forum (10 minutes)

The Council will receive statements and questions from the public (this is the only opportunity for members of the public to make a contribution during the meeting) and for members with pecuniary interests to speak on items on the Agenda.

Items for discussion / decision;

  1. Four Elms traffic – proposal from Peter Lake (PL) Kent County Councillor (PL) to fund 20mph from KCC Members Grant. Does the Council have a view on a proposal?
  2. *SDC Draft Local Plan– to record the comments sent to SDC as part of the consultation (CC). Attachment of Cllr. Clive Pearman (Edenbridge Town Council) report on history of Edenbridge and District War memorial hospital.
  3. Affordable Housing
  4. i) CT to propose to the full Council, the setting up of a “HPC Affordable Housing working party”, which would be;
  5. a) To research, report and recommend as an advisory body to the full Council (under S102 powers 1972 LGA). To be task specific and time limited.
  6. b) To examine an issue in detail, read reports and related materials, examine options, get advice for the Council.
  7. c) To act as experts and/or liaise with experts, which will include neighbouring parish and town Councils, Campaign for the Protection of Rural England, Sevenoaks District Council, ACRK (Action with Communities in Rural Kent).
  8. d) No funding or monies to be spent or committed without delegated authority or prior Full Council endorsement.
  9. e) Quorate: Minimum of 2 Councillors at each meeting and the proper officer (Clerk).
  10. f) A Working Party does not meet in public, therefore Standing Orders are not applicable, although the Code of Conduct still applies. Does the full Council agree to the formation of the Working Party?
  11. ii) SS – To update the Council following the compulsory parish wide housing needs survey and presentations to SS / CT /CC (and SDC) from 2 Housing Associations. Recommendations to be made to the full Council;
  12. Selection of a Housing Association on any emerging local proposals.
  13. To proceed with a second stage housing needs survey (undertaken by the Rural Housing Enabler – ACRK (an independent expert body) with no cost implications to HPC.

Does the Council accept the Recommendations as advised by the working party?

  1. Elections – to note that District and Parish Council elections May 2019 & associated costs. There is a national drive to attract a broad range of demographics to be nominated.  How does HPC wish to address this? (CC).
  2. GDPR update (CC) –
  3. Not legally compulsory, but recommended by KALC to appoint a DPO (Data Protection Officer) who has skills, time, knowledge, professional qualifications independence and ability to take on responsibility. A DPO must be appointed “on the basis of professional qualities”.  Costs between £150 – 500.  If not appointed, the same work must be undertaken by someone else suitable.
  4. HPC to complete in next 12 months a data audit, data risk assessment and accessibility statement.
  5. Personal information is stored by the Clerk in a locked filing cabinet (Chair has spare key) and legal documents in a safe.
  6. “Gold standard” of GDPR is recommended for Cllrs. to have individual HPC laptop (encrypted emails, use of Council licensed Office professional, virus protection etc.) This could be budgeted for over a period of years.  Noting that in the event of a data breach any hardware used for any HPC work can be seized.
  7. Ensure all communications from Cllrs. with residents comes via the Clerk, otherwise individual Cllrs. need to register and pay for registration with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office).

How does HPC wish to consider options for a and d?

  1. Proposal for Summer 2019 local party at Hever Castle (DL).
  2. Proposed re launch of www.hever.org and launch of The Link magazine online. Suggested November 2018 and budget of £200 for event and publicity.
  3. Proposal for Premises Licence for music festival / country fete on field on Hever / Edenbridge border (Between Lydens Lane and Hever Road).
  4. To determine matters arising from the previous minutes for updating / noting (Chair)

Items for updating on / for information;

  1. *Planning and licensing; applications responded to and outcomes – attached to agenda. Including Summer festivals.
  2. *Financial update. (Clerk).
  3. Urgent issues at the discretion of the Chairman for noting or inclusion on future agenda (not for decision making or with financial implications) (JW)

 

  1. Other correspondence for noting / Consultations. This may include items from the Kent Association of Local Councils / National Association of Local Councils.

 

Kent County Council’s ‘Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) Consultation’.

This consultation will help us deliver the Kent Waste Disposal Strategy and seeks views on the proposal to implement a charging policy for non-household waste materials including soil, rubble, hardcore and plasterboard, deposited at Kent HWRCs.  The 8 week consultation is available until Thursday 1 November 2018, and we would like to invite you to comment.   The consultation questionnaire and supporting documents can be found at www.kent.gov.uk/wasteconsultation

Does HPC wish to comment on the consultation?

 

 

HEVER PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING COMMITTEE

AGENDA 7.15pm

  • 4 Lodgewood Cottages, Hever Road, Hever TN8 7NP

SE/18/02615/MMA

Amendment to application 17/03407/HOUSE

Deadlines 26.09.18

 

  • The Corn Mill Stables, Ide Hill Road, Four Elms TN8 6NS

SE/18/02632/HOUSE

Single storey home office building within rear garden.

Deadlines 26.09.18

 

  • 1 Hillside Cottages, Four Elms Road TN8 6NQ

SE/18/02711/HOUSE

Removal of existing car port.  Erection of atwo storey side extension and first floor rear extension over existing ground floor.

Deadline 28.09.18

 

  • The Elms Nursery Bough Beech Road Four Elms KENT TN8 6ND

18/02665/FUL

Proposed extensions to existing garden centre to provide enlarge kitchen,

staff facilities, extra retail and storage areas.

FOR INFORMATION;

Brocas Cottage, Brocas Road Hever TN8 7LE SE/18/00681/HOUSE

Appeal – erection of a first floor extension.

« Older posts

© 2018 Hever.org

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑