15.1 We asked what sort of accommodation people live in. 272 people answered.
130 Hever residents replied
102 residents of Four Elms answered
23 Mark Beech residents responded
15.2 We asked if family members had left the Parish in the last 5 years.
- 121 Hever residents replied, 28 said yes, 93 said no.
- 99 Four Elms residents replied, 16 said yes, 83 said no.
- 21 Mark Beech residents replied, 7 said yes, 14 said no.
15.3 We asked why they left
Hever: 27 replied
- 5 left for lack of affordable housing
- 14 to attend university/college
- 16 for employment
- 1 preferred to live and work in London
- 1 because they got married
- 1 wanted to live in a town
Four Elms: 17 replied
- 2 for lack of affordable housing
- 9 to attend university/college
- 11 for employment
- 1 to get married
- 1 couldn’t find a home in the village
Mark Beech: mysteriously 8 responses
- 4 left to go to university/college
- 2 left for employment
- 1 left for personal reasons
- 1 left to buy a property elsewhere
15.4 We asked if those who have left would return if affordable accommodation could be provided.
- Hever 26 replied: 6 said yes, 20 said no
- Four Elms 14 replied: 5 said yes, 9 said no
- Mark Beech 7 replied: 1 said yes, 6 said no
15.5 We asked if you would support a small development of affordable housing is there was a proven need for people with genuine local connection to the Parish
97 Hever residents replied 68 yes, 29 no. Very many views were expressed as follows.
Four Elms 65 residents replied, 48 said yes 17 no
They commented as follows:
Mark Beech 17 replied, 15 said yes, 3 said no, They commented as follows:
- 15 Hever residents said houses, 12 said flats – 22 answered
- 9 Four Elms residents said houses 7 said flats – 14 answered
- 4 Mark Beech residents said houses 5 said flats – 6 answered
15.7 We asked what tenure would best suit their housing needs. The options were rented, shared ownership and other. Those answering could choose any and all options.
- Hever residents replied as follows 7 for rented, 8 for shared ownrship, 1 for affordable housing, 3 for owner occupied and 1 affordable/available mortgage – 13 answered
- Four Elms residents replied 6 said rented, 8 said shared ownership 1 owner occupied, 11 answered
- Mark Beech 3 answered 1 said rented, 2 said shared ownership and 1 said owner occupied
15.8 We asked if you would agree to planning permission being granted for housing if it was built for local people.
- Hever residents replied as follows 59 said yes 26 said no
- Four Elms 48 yes 20 no
- Mark Beech 11 said yes, 5 no