To: The Members of Hever Parish Council. I hereby summon you to attend the meeting of Hever Parish Council to be held at MARKBEECH Village Hall on TUESDAY 17 TH SEPTEMBER 2019 commencing at 7.30pm for the transaction of business as set out below.
Signed; Clerk Date 10.09.19 *attachment / printed copy
To assist in the speedy and efficient dispatch of business, please contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting if further factual information is required on an item on the Agenda.
- To receive apologies and declarations of interest in respect of business specified on the agenda.
- *To approve the accuracy of draft Minutes of the previous meeting (16.07.19) (Chair).
- Public Forum (10 minutes)
The Council will receive statements and questions from the public (this is the only opportunity for members of the public to make a contribution during the meeting) and for members with pecuniary interests to speak on items on the Agenda.
- David De waal, Four Elms attending to propose school holiday sports camp (using Four Elms primary school and accessing Recreation ground).
Items for discussion / decision;
- Co – option of Duncan Leslie (DL) to post of Councillor, Hever ward, Hever Parish Council (following meeting on 16.07.19).
4i. DL to confirm that qualified to hold office – meets the criteria for eligibility set out in s.9 of the 1972 Act and is not disqualified, pursuant to s.80 of the 1972 Act.
4ii. Sign the declaration of acceptance of office in the presence of the Clerk / Cllr.
4iii. Sign HPC Code of Conduct (2019).
4iii. Register and declare pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests (within 28 days).
Note; if an interest is NOT entered onto the authority’s register, then the member must disclose the interest to any meeting of the authority at which they are present, where they have a disclosable interest in any matter being considered and where the matter is not a “sensitive interest”. The Monitoring Officer must be notified then within 28 days.
- 5. *2020 – 2021 budget. Finance committee meeting (JH, HW, CC, AH) to be held in October. Any proposals from the full Council relating to next year spending / projects and budget plans?
2019 – 2020 budget and finance update attached.
- Retirement of Dr. Morrison, Edenbridge medical centre. Does the Council wish to respond to
locals request to commemorate this event? Continue reading