Hever.org

Covering the villages of Four Elms, Hever & Markbeech

Author: Charlotte Cole (page 1 of 6)

Sevenoaks District Council has been granted permission to bring a judicial review against the Planning Inspector’s decision to reject the draft Local Plan.

Local Plan set to have its day in court

 

Sevenoaks District Council has been granted permission to bring a judicial review against the Planning Inspector’s decision to reject the draft Local Plan.

The High Court issued a notification on Tuesday 2 June 2020 granting permission for the review. The Honourable Mr Justice Swift concluded all grounds for the Council’s claim are arguable and permission for judicial review was granted, clearing the first hurdle of the process.

On 2 March 2020, the Planning Inspector wrote the final report on the examination of the Sevenoaks District Local Plan. It concluded the Plan was not legally compliant in respect of the Duty to Co-operate.

However, the Council strongly rejected this conclusion, which only surfaced after the first round of the Local Plan hearings in October, seven months after the Council had submitted the Plan and supporting evidence to the Inspector.

Within the Local Plan submission, there were more than 800 pages of evidence setting out how the Council had worked with its neighbours during the production of the Plan. The neighbouring councils and other organisations involved in the development of the Plan supported the Council’s evidence and approach on this matter.

In April, the Council began Judicial Review proceedings to overturn the Inspector’s decision.

Cllr Julia Thornton, the Council’s Cabinet Member for Development & Conservation, says: “This is great news as it means the High Court believes our position that the Planning Inspectorate may have a case to answer. This is an important first step to getting our Local Plan approved.

“We firmly believe we had followed the relevant guidance when we developed the plan. The evidence we provided to the Planning Inspector backs this up.

“In our opinion, the Planning Inspector has incorrectly interpreted key parts of the Local Plan requirements.

“Taking court action is not something we would take lightly, but we feel we have no choice.”

The High Court decision followed the news that the three MPs who represent the Sevenoaks District wrote to Robert Jenrick MP, the Secretary of State for Local Government, on Monday (1 June). Laura Trott MP, Tom Tugendhat MP and Gareth Johnson MP urged the Minister to use his powers to reconsider the Planning Inspectorate’s reasons for rejecting the draft Local Plan.

Cllr Thornton, adds: “Our MPs recognise we have produced a robust Local Plan to provide the right type of developments in the right place, at the right time. They share our concerns about the handling of the Local Plan examination. We’re grateful for their support and we hope this moves the Plan forward.”

Corona virus – do you need some help or know someone who does?

EDENBRIDGE HOSPITAL – CLOSED

Friday, 26 March 2020

 

The minor injury unit (MIU) and x-ray department at Edenbridge and District War Memorial Hospital Minor is temporarily closed from 6pm this evening for the foreseeable future.

 

Your nearest MIU is at Sevenoaks Hospital. This is open from 8 am to 8pm, seven days-a-week.

 

As the local Edenbridge community is following the Government’s guidance on social distancing, there has been a significant reduction in people using the minor injury unit at Edenbridge.

 

That’s why, to support our work around COVID-19, we are temporarily moving staff from Edenbridge during these unprecedented times.

Meeting CANCELLED – Hever Parish Council meeting Agenda Tuesday 17th March 2020 7.30pm Hever village hall

Hever Parish Council meeting tomorrow, at Hever village hall, Tuesday 17th March has been cancelled due to insufficient numbers of Councillors being able to attend (for a variety of reasons). Items will be transferred to the next scheduled meeting in May.

AGENDA

To:       The Members of Hever Parish Council.  I hereby summon you to attend the meeting of Hever Parish Council to be held at HEVER Village Hall on TUESDAY 17th MARCH 2020 commencing at 7.30pm for the transaction of business as set out below.

Signed; Clerk             Date   09.03.20 *attachment / printed copy

To assist in the speedy and efficient dispatch of business, please contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting if further factual information is required on an item on the Agenda.

  1. To receive apologies and declarations of interest in respect of business specified on the agenda.
  2. *To approve the accuracy of draft Minutes of the previous meeting (21.01.20) (Chair).
  3. Public Forum (10 minutes)

The Council will receive statements and questions from the public (this is the only opportunity for members of the public to make a contribution during the meeting) and for members with pecuniary interests to speak on items on the Agenda.

In advance of the meeting – written requests for Council to consider / comment on (the Clerk has already made preliminary responses);

i               permission for the memorial bench for Pat Leigh at Four Elms village pond.  No request for funds.

ii              Stop fishing at the pond immediately – amount of rubbish being left and dangerous parking.

iii             complete obstruction of pavements by cars that are parked, not only from people that fish also from parents picking up their children.  Those that walk are having to walk in the road with their children.

iv             parking on double yellow lines, again mostly visiting fishermen

v              speeding through the village by motorists, 2 accidents on the crossroads already this year

  1. Request for a fence to left hand side of Four Elms pond to deter fishermen accessing the garage site for fishing?

Items for discussion / decision;

  1. Resignation of Christine Thompson. Opportunity for co – option for Four Elms ward Councillor, IF no election is called by 10 electors by 27th March.

The Council to consider which networks a Cllr. could be co – opted from.

 

5i.        *Financial update. Receipts and payments since last update & accounts and statement reconciliation (Clerk).

5ii.       To consider any grant applications received.  Does the Council require further information and / or wish to support the application (to what sum)?

*£ 5,000 requested for funding for our new pavilion and decking.  Falconhurst Cricket Club.

  1. Gatwick update (SL, RBS, DL). Clerk to report back from attendance at Roundtable meeting regarding Gatwick Northern Runway Project – 19th February 2020.

Does the Council wish to comment independently of HWCAAG  at this stage?

 

  1. VE DAY 75 CELEBRATIONS 8TH – 10TH MAY 2020 8th May 2020. www.veday75.org

            Update on the community event at Hever Castle. JW.

 

  1. Sevenoaks District Council – Current Licensing Applications.

Continue reading

VE day celebration

VE DAY 75 CELEBRATIONS 8TH – 10TH MAY 2020

WATCH THIS SPACE FOR A FREE COMMUNITY EVENT AT HEVER CASTLE

8th May 2020

 

www.veday75.org

Hever Parish Council Meeting 21.01.20 – draft minutes

THE DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF HEVER PARISH COUNCIL.

Tuesday 21st January 2020 at 7.00PM.  Held at Markbeech Village hall.

 

Present:  Rick Brookes-Smith (RBS), Angela Haydon (AH), Bonnie White (BW), Christine Thompson (CT), Stephen Sadler (SS)

Also in attendance: Charlotte Cole (CC, Clerk) and 2 members of the public. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.

1.To receive apologies – to arrive late; John Hodson (JH) 7.10pm Joanna Wade (JW) Stephen Lark (SL) 7.11pm. In the absence of Chair and Vice Chair, SS Chaired the meeting.

To receive declarations of interest in respect of items on the Agenda. To be specified per item.

  1. To approve accuracy of minutes from the previous meetings (Minutes from 21.11.19). Previously circulated draft minutes approved by all and signed by JH (on arrival).
  2. Public Forum.

Peter Lake (Kent County Councillor) updated on; Public right of way SR577 due to Hever station area landslip.  Potholes, loose manhole cover, flooding, ditches discussed, particularly in How Green Lane.  Noting KCC receive 6000 pothole enquiries a month.  Supports the HPC initiative for offering grants towards self closing gates on PROW.  PL will be recommending a 4% increase in KCC budget.  There are 400 young (<16 years) asylum seekers in Kent.

Matthew Dickins (Sevenoaks District Councillor) updated that comments on SDC Local Plan would be in an article in the Link magazine http://hever.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Link-Feb-2020-web.pdf

Supported HPC Agenda item #15 regarding improving communications relating to parish wide licensing applications.  Continues to encourage a solution to Cowden station parking issues.  Claydene Farm planning application – being heard at SDC planning committee Feb.  Has been re-allocated to Emma Gore, Planning Officer.  High Weald AONB Design guide published http://www.highweald.org/news/2386-new-high-weald-housing-design-guide.html

PL and MD left at 7.20pm.

 

  1. History of village grant funding discussed. Clerk to add population figures and Council tax rates for information. Note some spending led to assets being retained by HPC.

Continue reading

Hever Parish Council meeting Tuesday 21st January Markbeech village hall AGENDA

AGENDA

To:       The Members of Hever Parish Council.  I hereby summon you to attend the meeting of Hever Parish Council to be held at Markbeech Village Hall on TUESDAY 21st JANUARY 2020 commencing at 7.00pm for the transaction of business as set out below.  Planning meeting will be at 6.30pm if any applications.

Signed; Clerk             Date   16.01.20  *attachment / printed copy

To assist in the speedy and efficient dispatch of business, please contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting if further factual information is required on an item on the Agenda.

  1. To receive apologies and declarations of interest in respect of business specified on the agenda.
  2. *To approve the accuracy of draft Minutes of the previous meeting (21.11.19) (Chair).
  3. Public Forum (10 minutes)

The Council will receive statements and questions from the public (this is the only opportunity for members of the public to make a contribution during the meeting) and for members with pecuniary interests to speak on items on the Agenda.

 

Items for discussion / decision;

 

  1. *History of grant funding for information.

 

5i.        *Financial update. Receipts and payments since last update & accounts and statement reconciliation.

5ii.       To consider any grant applications received.

*One self closing gate for footpath in Four Elms.

 

  1. HPC Affordable Housing Project.

To receive analysis by Sevenoaks District Council on possible rural affordable housing exception sites in the parish and update following a meeting in December between the HPC working party (Clerk, SS, CT) and English Rural Housing association.  Landowner negotiations would be the responsibility of English rural.  A period of full and comprehensive public consultations would take place before HPC consider whether to formally support the project.  Only after this time, could any planning application be considered.  Need to initially consult with KCC Highways for their guidance.

 

  1. Gatwick update (SL, RBS, DL)

 

  1. VE DAY 75 CELEBRATIONS 8TH – 10TH MAY 2020 8th May 2020. www.veday75.org

 

  1. Hever Parish Field.

Pedestrian safety request from Governors to consider re-routing path from Castle coach park to Hever school – to pass in front of hut.  They have obtained quote for most of the work and able to part fund from Governors fund.

 

 

 

  1. CONSULTATIONS;

 

i)Kent County Council Continue reading

Draft minutes of meeting of Hever Parish Council 21.11.19

Thursday 21st November 2019 at 7.30PM.  Held at Hever Village hall.

 

Present:  Cllrs., John Hodson (JH) (Chair), Bonnie White (BW), Christine Thompson (CT), Anita Sebastian (AS), Stephen Lark (SL), Stephen Sadler (SS) Joanna Wade (JW) (arrived 8pm)

Also in attendance: Charlotte Cole (CC, Clerk) and 4 members of the public. The meeting commenced at 7.34pm.

1.To receive apologies – Angela Haydon (AH) away, Rick Brookes-Smith (RBS) busy, Matthew Dickins (MD) Sevenoaks District Councillor working at SDC, Duncan Leslie (DL) away.  These apologies were accepted and noted.

To receive declarations of interest in respect of items on the Agenda. To be specified per item.

  1. To approve accuracy of minutes from the previous meetings (Minutes from 17.09.19). Previously circulated draft minutes approved by all and signed by JH.
  2. Public Forum.

Peter Lake (Kent County Councillor) updated on; New Leader of KCC Roger Gough.  Michael Payne responsible for Highways.  Trials of 20mph speed limits in school hours in some local villages.  DBS checks on school bus drivers.  Operation Brock ended.  KCC budget – perhaps 3% increase in council tax more suitable with increased Govt. assistance.  £250m of KCC pension fund invested in Woodford fund.  Invitation received by many groups for Gatwick event. Continue reading

Agenda – Hever Parish Council meeting, HEVER Village Hall on THURSDAY 21st NOVEMBER 2019 commencing at 7.30pm

2019 NOV HPC agenda FINAL

including planning agenda (meeting at 7pm).

 

Draft minutes from Sept. 2019 meeting;

2019 Sept mtg draft

 

Finance update and budget proposal;

Nov 2019 update and budget proposal post mtg

 

Planning update;

2019 NOV Planning meeting update

Gatwick + 40%?! A meeting in Penshurst Friday 1st November 8pm

 
Penshurst Church
 
Tom Tugendhat MP will be joining us.
 
Gatwick recently announced plans to increase traffic by close to 40%. Partly through advances in technology, partly by bringing in their existing ‘standby’ runway for more frequent use.
 
And they want to ringfence land for a 3rd runway.
 
We have a plan.
 
Please come and hear what that is, give your feedback and help us in this mother of all contests for our skies. Makes everything we’ve done before feel like a skirmish in the foothills.
However with the help of the shifting sentiment towards air travel and airport expansion, I do believe we can win this. Well, not lose it.
 
The Reverend Tom Holme has graciously allowed us to use his church for the evening.
 
The agenda will be strictly aviation!
 
Martin Barraud & Crew
 
www.gatwickobviouslynot.org
ask@gatwickobviouslynot.org
« Older posts

© 2020 Hever.org

Theme by Anders NorénUp ↑