Topic: Hever Parish Council planning meeting Sept 2020
Time: Sep 8, 2020 07:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 989 1090 0902
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,98910900902#,,,,,,0#,,404664# US (New York)
+16699006833,,98910900902#,,,,,,0#,,404664# US (San Jose)
Agenda (to be confirmed on 04.09) to include;
20/02266/FUL Hillside Uckfield Lane Hever KENT
20/02255/HOUSE How Green South How Green Lane Hever KENT
20/02058/HOUSE 2 Crouch Cottage Uckfield Lane Hever KENT
Hever Parish Council support the Article 4 Directions placed by SDC on land bordering both Hever Parish and Edenbridge Town (Newhouse Farm Lane), with this being communicated to the current owners, the current tenants, the buyer, the buyer’s agent and the two companies marketing the land. We would encourage restrictions to be continuous and renewed or extended in good time.
HPC supports the Direction to remove permitted development rights for;
SDC Supplementary Planning Documents Countryside Assessment October 2011
The High Weald AONB, Nov 2019
SDC Historic Environment Review Dec 2017
ENV001 Sevenoaks District Green Belt Assessment – Main Report (January 2017)
THE DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF HEVER PARISH COUNCIL.
Thursday 14th July 2020 at 7.30PM. Held via zoom video call.
Present, Angela Haydon (AH), Bonnie White (BW), John Hodson (JH) Chair, Stephen Lark (SL), Duncan Leslie (DL), Joanna Wade (JW)
Also in attendance: Charlotte Cole (CC, Clerk) and 3 members of the public. The meeting commenced at 7.30pm.
1. Apologies received and accepted. Stephen Sadler (SS) away, Rick Brookes-Smith (RBS) away.
2.The Council approved the accuracy of draft Minutes of the previous meeting (11.06.20) and signed by Chair.
3 / 4. Public Forum – One Four Elms resident raised concerns regarding the speed of traffic noting the increase
in cyclists, families, pedestrians and horses on the Bough Beech road and surrounds. Narrow hedges, concealed
entrances etc. Issues were discussed and resolved that the Clerk would liaise with KCC Member (Peter Lake)
and the resident to explore the issues further and what action possible.
Matthew Dickins (SDC Cllr.) updated on SDC issues and invited any questions.
Items for discussion / decision;
5i. Councillor vacancies. Update on Four Elms ward vacancy – BW updated that had been in contact with Four Elms school teachers / Governors and parents to promote the vacancy. AH suggested Clerk re-join the “Next door” online group to promote the vacancy.
5ii. To receive the resignation of Anita Sebastian (Hever ward), with immediate effect. The Clerk advised of the procedure to advertise vacancy and if no by election called, then will be able to co – opt.
5iii. Do any of the Councillors have training IT needs they wish the Clerk to arrange? – none.
6. Financial update. Receipts and payments since last update & accounts and statement reconciliation received and noted.
7. No grant applications received.
8. Updated membership of committees. – BW to join the Finance and Employment Committee (with Chair, Vice Chair and Clerk). The Clerk wished to highlight to the Council that the busy Planning Committee consisted of SS, AH, RBS and DL so any new Cllrs. may wish to be involved in planning matters.
9. Parish wide and District volunteer scheme update – SDC scheme will end at the end of September. Clerk liaising with SDC to contact volunteers and any locals still receiving help to manage transition.
10. Four Elms pond – further options were discussed to further encourage responsible behaviour by those fishing, having taken legal advice it was resolved not to consider a byelaw at this stage – for a number of reasons e.g. alternative legislative measures already exists to address the problem of illegal behaviour, whether a magistrate would be supportive that a byelaw was necessary / not excessive or disproportionate, significant consultation would be required (not just with those living in the local area), issues of enforcement and whether behaviour would change etc.
11. Planning; applications responded to and outcomes – attached to agenda.
12. Urgent issues at the discretion of the Chairman for noting or inclusion on future agenda. Chair
requested an update on heritage fingerpost signage – Clerk had requested quotes.
13. GDPR – to update any developments or actions required. None.
14. To determine matters arising from the previous minutes for updating / noting – none
15. Consultations / Other Correspondence.
· Thanks from ex Councillor Christine Thompson for the card.
· Resolved to hold scheduled 22nd September meeting in person at planned venue of Hever village hall. Clerk advised the Council that it hadn’t met in Four Elms since March 2019. AH advised that sadly the Four Elms village hall was already booked on 22.09 so was resolved to continue with the Hever venue.
Items for updating on / for information;
16. Consultations / Other Correspondence.
Gatwick update (SL, RBS, DL). Clerk reported back from attendance at Roundtable meeting regarding Gatwick Northern Runway Project – 19th February 2020. DL expressed concern as to why the few planes that were currently flying were passing over Hever.
Council tax breakdown for Hever Parish for 2020 – 2021.
Ward demographics summary (Clerk) discussed and Clerk to share electronically with Cllrs.
Council for Protection of Rural England CPRE Committee – the Council did not wish to nominate a Cllr. to be representative
JW – advised that Hever village hall Chair to be appointed soon and will likely lead renovation / funding drive.
JW asked for editorial / articles for the Link magazine, especially any from Four Elms.
The zoom meeting ended 8.40pm.
2020 Parish Council scheduled meetings
MONTH DATE DAY LOCATION EVENT
SEPT 22 TUES HVH Mtg
NOV 26 THURS MBVH Mtg
Planning meeting 7pm, full meeting 7.30pm (unless stated otherwise)
We held our most recent meeting on the zoom internet platform on 23rd July, when issues such as the speed limit in Four Elms (How Green / Bough Beech road areas) was discussed (at the request of a local resident), the volunteer scheme, Four Elms pond and other topics. Thanks to the wonder of modern technology, 2 locals were able to join the meeting via their laptops and one Councillor even managed to sign in and contribute whilst on the commute home. Draft minutes will appear on local noticeboards, Facebook and the website (www.hever.org) soon.
The Clerk was happy to report that £500 grant had been secured from a Tesco Covid fund. For any local groups who are looking for grants, please do register for
and contact the Clerk for any support Clerk@hever.org
Our next meeting is Tuesday 22nd September, Hever village hall, 7pm planning and 7.30pm for full council meeting. As always, everyone most welcome and please monitor hever.org for latest Agenda.
We have a vacancy in the Four Elms and Hever ward of the parish – so if you are interested in this positive role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We hold 6 meetings a year (early evenings across the villages) and are a friendly bunch supported by the employed Clerk who deals with the finances, processes and administration of the Council.
From Sevenoaks District Council (The Planning Authority) Article 4 Directions – Newhouse Farm Lane, Hever (near Edenbridge)
Certain types of development, subject to some conditions, do not require full planning permission from us. These are called permitted developments.
An Article 4 Direction can be used to remove specific permitted development rights in all or parts of the Sevenoaks District.
We have become aware of a piece of land that is being marketed north of Newhouse Farm Lane, Hever and it has been considered necessary to introduce an Article 4 Direction.
There is a Direction removing permitted development rights for gates, fences and walls; means of access to a highway; temporary buildings and structures and temporary use of land. This has immediate effect.
This Direction will come into force on Thursday 30 July 2020.
There is a Direction proposing to remove permitted development rights for the use of land as a caravan site and this does not take effect immediately.
This Direction, if confirmed, will come into force on Thursday 27 August 2020.
The documents will show up on the page after 1pm today. It would be appreciated if you could encourage residents within your areas to make comment on this matter.
Letters relating to the Article 4 will be sent out to several parties today. This includes the current owners, the current tenants, the buyer, the buyer’s agent and the two companies marketing the land; Exclusive Property Sales and Marcus Barnard. I have passed on information regarding this latest piece of land and the way it is being marketed to KCC Trading Standards who have passed it on further to Wandsworth Trading Standards due to the companies registered location.
Hever Parish Council are in regular contact with SDC Planning on all planning matters, relating to applications within the parish, in parishes / towns bordering Hever parish and towns and District wide issues e.g. Local Plan. We are very grateful to the all the volunteer Councillors on the Planning Committee who give so much of their time and expertise.
Please note Hever Parish Council will be considering the matter and its response at the next meeting.
With thanks to Sevenoaks District Seniors Action Forum for the following item:
To: The Members of Hever Parish Council. I hereby summon you to attend the meeting of Hever Parish Council to be held by ZOOM on 14th JULY 2020 commencing at 7.30 pm for the transaction of business as set out below.
Meeting ID: 969 8140 0024
Signed; Clerk Date 08.07.20 *attachment
To assist in the speedy and efficient dispatch of business, please contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting if further factual information is required on an item on the Agenda.
Please note the adopted procedure for virtual meetings (2020).
The Council will receive statements and questions from the public (this is the only opportunity for members of the public to make a contribution during the meeting) and for members with pecuniary interests to speak on items on the Agenda.
Items for discussion / decision;
5i. Councillor vacancies. Update on Four Elms ward vacancy (BW / AH).
5ii. To receive the resignation of Anita Sebastian (Hever ward), with immediate effect.
5iii. Do any of the Councillors have training IT needs they wish the Clerk to arrange? Continue reading