Please contact the Clerk for any attachments referred to.
To: The Members of Hever Parish Council. I hereby summon you to attend the meeting of Hever Parish Council to be held by ZOOM on 11st JUNE 2020 commencing at 6.30 pm for the transaction of business as set out below.
Signed; Clerk Date 08.06.20 *attachment
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/91529139018?pwd=c2hSL3h1QVF0ZHd6QVVuaXhiSW10Zz09
Meeting ID: 915 2913 9018 Password: 705487
Dial by your location +44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom +44 208 080 6591 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom +44 208 080 6592 United Kingdom +44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
+44 330 088 5830 United Kingdom
To assist in the speedy and efficient dispatch of business, please contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting if further factual information is required on an item on the Agenda.
1i. Election of Chairman for 2020/21. Acceptance of office form to be completed.
1ii. Election of Vice Chair for 2020/21
- To receive apologies and declarations of interest in respect of business specified on the agenda (Chair).
- *To approve the accuracy of draft Minutes of the previous meeting (21.01.20) (Chair). March 2020 meeting cancelled due to Coronavirus pandemic.
- Public Forum (10 minutes)
The Council will receive statements and questions from the public (this is the only opportunity for members of the public to make a contribution during the meeting) and for members with pecuniary interests to speak on items on the Agenda.
Permission for the memorial bench for Pat Leigh at Four Elms village pond. No request for funds.
Thanks to community groups and local volunteers during the lockdown.
Items for discussion / decision;
- *Adoption of Procedure to hold virtual meetings and update on legal aspects of remote Council functioning. Does the Council approve the procedure, with immediate effect?
5ii. How can we support local Hospitality businesses when they reopen on 4 July? BW
- Resignation of Christine Thompson. Opportunity for co – option for Four
Elms ward Councillor. Do the members of the public or Cllrs. have any nominations?
Please contact the Clerk for more information on the role of Councillor and how the Council functions if interested.
7i. *Financial update. Receipts and payments since last update & accounts and statement reconciliation (Clerk).
7ii. To consider any grant applications received. Does the Council require
further information and / or wish to support the application (to what sum)?
*£ 5,000 requested for funding for our new pavilion and decking. Falconhurst Cricket Club.
*£250 towards tennis coaching in Four Elms for children, starting 15th June.
- The appointment of members of Committees;
- Planning (currently SS, AH, AS, RBS, DL) – Terms of Reference require comments from 3 Cllrs. Does the Council need further members?
- Finance and Employment (currently JW, JH, AH, Clerk)
- appointment of members to serve on outside bodies / local groups e.g. HWCAAG (currently RBS, SL, DL).
- *HPC Annual policies – updated in advance of AGM. Could Members study the documents and policies (changes highlighted in documents) in advance of the meeting to ratify?
9i. Complaints Policy
9iii. Planning Committee Terms of Reference
9iv. Finance Regulations
9v. Code of Conduct (2019) (no changes)
9vi. Terms of Reference of Finance and Employment Committee
9vii. Standing Orders
9viii. Training Policy for the Clerk and Cllrs.
9viiii. Risk Management
9iv. Asset register
- *To receive and note;
10i. The annual accounts (Financial year 2019 – 2020)
10ii. Bank reconciliation
10iii. Significant variation form
10iv. Dates for public rights to inspect accounts
10v. Internal Audit report (completed)
11i. *Approve the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) Annual Governance statement (Section 1) by resolution.
11ii. *Consider the Accounting statements (Section 2), (Accounts and Audit Regulations 2011) and findings on the review by the members meeting as a whole.
11iii. Approve the Accounting statements by resolution. Ensuring the statements are signed and dated by the person presiding at the meeting at which that approval is given.
- *Proposed footpath alterations (By Hever primary school Governors) over Hever
Parish Field. Update from meeting with Chair of Governors and site visit.
Consideration of the issues and costs.
- *Planning; applications responded to and outcomes – attached to agenda.
- Urgent issues at the discretion of the Chairman for noting or inclusion on future agenda.
- GDPR – to update any developments or actions required.
- 16. To determine matters arising from the previous minutes for updating / noting (Chair)
- Consultations / Other Correspondence. Clerk.
Items for updating on / for information;
- 20/00566/LATEN |Temporary Event Notice | Current Licence | Malletts Barn Cowden Pound Road To Truggers Lane Mark Beech Kent TN8 5PH
- 20/00739/LAPRE |Premises Licence | Open for Consultation | Hever Hotel Hever Road Hever Kent TN8 7NP
- 20/00749/LATENL |Late Temporary Event Notice | Current Licence | Hever Hotel Hever Road Hever Kent TN8 7NP
- 20/00750/LATEN |Temporary Event Notice | Current Licence | Apartment 61 Hever Hotel Hever Road Hever Kent TN8 7NP
- 20/00751/LATEN |Temporary Event Notice | Current Licence | Hever Hotel Hever Road Hever Kent TN8 7NP Hever Resort Hotel Ltd
VE DAY 75 CELEBRATIONS 8TH – www.veday75.org
Update on the community event at Hever Castle. JW.
DEFERRED TO FUTURE MEETINGS
Consultations / Other Correspondence.
Gatwick update (SL, RBS, DL). Clerk to report back from attendance at Roundtable meeting regarding Gatwick Northern Runway Project – 19th February 2020.
Council tax breakdown for Hever Parish for 2020 – 2021. (Clerk).
Ward demographics summary
Council for Protection of Rural England CPRE Committee – does the Council wish to nominate a Cllr. to be representative?
2020 Parish Council scheduled meetings
MONTH DATE DAY LOCATION EVENT
JULY 14 TUES FEVH Mtg
SEPT 22 TUES HVH Mtg
NOV 26 THURS MBVH Mtg
Planning meeting 7pm, full meeting 7.30pm (unless stated otherwise)
HEVER PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING COMMITTEE – AGENDA 6.00 pm
Please note, Sevenoaks District Council (www.sevenoaks.gov.uk) is the planning authority. HPC is a consultee. Any member of the public can comment directly to SDC on a planning application.
Little Warren House Hever Lane Hever KENT TN8 7ET
Minor material amendment to 19/02198/HOUSE
Little Warren House Hever Lane Hever KENT TN8 7ET
Two-storey rear extension, single storey side extension with associated
replacement windows, doors, external works and associated landscaping.
The Old Laundry Pococks Bank How Green Lane Hever KENT TN8 7PR
Removal of conditions 4 & 5 to enable permitted development rights for
dwelling to be restored on SE/86/1635 for the erection of an extension.
(Cllr. Stephen Sadler has declared a pecuniary interest and will remove himself from the discussion).
Medlar Cottage How Green Lane Hever KENT TN8 7NN
Removal of existing shed to allow erection of single storey outbuilding
comprising single garage and home workshop/store.