Covering the villages of Four Elms, Hever & Markbeech

Category: Minutes and Agendas (Page 1 of 6)

Hever Parish Council Meeting Agenda for 7th July 21

2021 Jul 7 HPC agenda to download a copy, or view below for details.

See also Data summary

Breakdown of comments  Comments supporting Comments objecting

AGENDA

To: The Members of Hever Parish Council.  I hereby summon you to attend the meeting of Hever Parish Council to be held at Hever Village Hall on 7th July 2021 commencing at 7.30 pm for the transaction of business as set out below.

Planning meeting to consider the 2 applications as per agenda below will be at 7.00pm

Signed;      Clerk           Date   02/07/21           *are attachments

If a Councillor has declared an interest in an item on the agenda, they will be placed in the waiting room for the duration of the agenda item.  Once the item has been concluded, they will be re-admitted.

There will be no Public Forum at this meeting. The Council have noted the comments and evidence received over the last 6 months during the public consultation of the Affordable Housing Proposal.  The public are however, welcome to attend, but due to the Covid restrictions there will be a limit of 30 attendees (including Councillors).

Meetings shall be open to the public unless their presence is prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted or for other special reasons. The public’s exclusion from part or all of a meeting shall be by a resolution which shall give reasons for the public’s exclusion.

The Chairman may, if necessary, suspend or ultimately close the meeting if disruptive behaviour is not modified and obstructs the proceedings of a meeting.

The meeting will not be recorded and please do not do so as permission is not given.

For your information, in law, the public have a right to attend meetings but they have no right to speak.  Schedule 12, LGA 1972

To assist in the speedy and efficient dispatch of business, please contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting if further factual information is required on an item on the Agenda.

  1. To receive apologies and declarations of interest in respect of business specified on the agenda (Chair).
  2. *To approve the accuracy of draft Minutes of the previous meetings (6th and 29th May 2021) (Chair)

Items for discussion / decision;

  1. Update from Matthew Dickins, Sevenoaks District Council Member.
  2. To note the appointment of Christina Divall to the Responsible Financial Officer and Clerk’s position. Do the Council resolve to change the banking process and signatories and amend online access to enable Christina to do the financial functions of her responsibilities?
  3. *Affordable Housing proposal on Bull Lane. Following the 6-month public consultation, HPC Councillors will be voting to decide whether to support the progression of this proposal.
    DRAFT RESOLUTION –
    Hever PC has decided that the support for an affordable housing scheme on Bull Lane, Four Elms, is not sufficient and therefore the scheme will not proceed.
    The basis for this conclusion:
    In 2018 we were asked by SDC to undertake a housing needs survey in our parish. This was conducted by ACRK who concluded there was a need for affordable housing. The PC started a consultation which stated that the scheme would only proceed if there was sufficient community support for the only suitable site – Bull Lane.
    The consultation closed on 30 June and whilst there is considerable support, and 14 people have expressed an interest in living on the site, it is clear that there is also strong opposition. This means that the community is extremely divided and therefore in our view the level of support is not enough to justify moving ahead with this scheme.
    We remain convinced, however, that our community should offer a broad spread of housing opportunities for local people and at present building on the green belt is the only way to ensure that affordable homes are ring-fenced for local people.
    We will therefore keep this matter under regular review and expect to be asked to repeat the housing needs survey as one is due every five years. If we do so we will endeavour to work more closely with the community to avoid the damaging conflict which many have found very distressing.
  4. *Financial update. Receipts and payments since last update & accounts and statement reconciliation (Clerk).
  5. Four Elms Pond – The owner is considering selling and is offering HPC to purchase it for £30,000. Does the Council wish to enter into negotiations?  Background – HPC has a long lease with landowner, which cannot be altered without prior agreement of both parties.
  6. *Planning; applications responded to and outcomes – attached to agenda.
  7. Urgent issues at the discretion of the Chairman for noting or inclusion on future agenda.
  8. GDPR – to update any developments or actions required.
  9. To determine matters arising from the previous minutes for updating / noting (Chair)
  10. Consultations / Other Correspondence.

 

Items for updating on / for information;   

 

 

2021 HPC meetings         7pm Planning              7.30pm Full Council meetings

MONTH DATE DAY HALL
SEPTEMBER 7 TUESDAY Mark Beech
NOVEMBER 9 TUESDAY

 

 

Hever Parish Council meeting. Saturday 29th May midday, Four Elms Church. This is an additional short meeting to consider and approve the annual accounts and consider one planning application.

29.05.21 FE

 

Please note covid regulations – all attendees to note;

TO COMPLY WITH COVID REGULATIONS, RISK ASSESSMENT & HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK

The room will be well ventilated (doors and windows open).

One-way access should be provided if possible.

  • Those attending to bring own hand sanitiser
  • Ensuring everyone wears face masks (unless medically exempt)

If unable to attend, please send comments to Clerk@hever.org by midday Friday 28th May

 

  • Staggering arrival and exit times for staff, councillors and members of the public
  • Placing seating at least 2-metres apart
  • If papers are provided, people should be discouraged from sharing with others and asked to take the papers with them at the end of the meeting to minimise how many people handle the papers
  • Arranging seating so people are not facing each other directly.
  • All attendees to register details on arrival (for track and trace)
  • HPC MEETINGS BEFORE 21ST JUNE 2021
« Older posts

© 2021 Hever.org

Theme by Anders NorénUp ↑