Hever.org

Covering the villages of Four Elms, Hever & Markbeech

Category: Parish Council (page 1 of 6)

Hever Parish Council meeting agenda 22nd September 2020 ZOOM

2020 September HPC zoom agenda FINAL

Topic: Hever Parish Council planning meeting Sept 2020 Time: Sep 8, 2020 07:00 PM

Topic: Hever Parish Council planning meeting Sept 2020

Time: Sep 8, 2020 07:00 PM London

 

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/98910900902?pwd=RHcrUnJCeThVOUROZWNkOVdTb0IwUT09

 

Meeting ID: 989 1090 0902

Passcode: 404664

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,98910900902#,,,,,,0#,,404664# US (New York)

+16699006833,,98910900902#,,,,,,0#,,404664# US (San Jose)

 

Agenda (to be confirmed on 04.09) to include;

 

 

20/02266/FUL Hillside Uckfield Lane Hever KENT

https://pa.sevenoaks.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

 

20/02255/HOUSE How Green South How Green Lane Hever KENT

https://pa.sevenoaks.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

 

20/02058/HOUSE 2 Crouch Cottage Uckfield Lane Hever KENT

https://pa.sevenoaks.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

 

What powers does Hever Parish Council have in planning applications?

What powers does Hever Parish Council have with respect to planning applications Aug 2020

Hever Parish Council comment to Sevenoaks District Council on Article 4 placed on land – Newhouse Farm Lane, Hever

Hever Parish Council support the Article 4 Directions placed by SDC on land bordering both Hever Parish and Edenbridge Town (Newhouse Farm Lane), with this being communicated to the current owners, the current tenants, the buyer, the buyer’s agent and the two companies marketing the land.  We would encourage restrictions to be continuous and renewed or extended in good time.

 

  • We believe this is justified in order to control works that could threaten the character of an area of acknowledged importance, to protect the wellbeing of the area, noting the exceptional circumstances of the location (Green Belt and directly on the boundary of the High Weald AONB) where the exercise of permitted development rights would harm local amenity, the historic environment and the proper planning of the area.   This rural landscape is characterised by rough grassland, an irregular patterns of small to medical scale fields punctuated with small woods and frequent narrow strips of woodland.

 

HPC supports the Direction to remove permitted development rights for;

 

  • Development consisting of minor operations
  • Development consisting of means of access to a highway:
  • Development consisting of temporary buildings and structures:
  • Development consisting of temporary use of land:
  • Development consisting of use of land as a caravan site:

 

  • We also welcome that SDC have shared their concerns regarding the way the site is being marketed to KCC Trading Standards who have passed it on further to Wandsworth Trading Standards due to the companies registered location.

 

  • We wish to stress the importance of continuous surveillance, particularly by SDC enforcement in respect of any future potential breaches of the conditions imposed by the Article 4 direction.

 

 

 

References;

SDC Supplementary Planning Documents Countryside Assessment October 2011

The High Weald AONB, Nov 2019

SDC Historic Environment Review Dec 2017

ENV001 Sevenoaks District Green Belt Assessment – Main Report (January 2017)

Four Elms traffic calming review 2019, summary

update Feb 2019 online

Volunteers available for phone line support

Fancy a chat

THE DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF HEVER PARISH COUNCIL. Thursday 14th July 2020 at 7.30PM.  Held via zoom video call.

THE DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF HEVER PARISH COUNCIL.

Thursday 14th July 2020 at 7.30PM.  Held via zoom video call.

 

Present, Angela Haydon (AH), Bonnie White (BW), John Hodson (JH) Chair, Stephen Lark (SL), Duncan Leslie (DL), Joanna Wade (JW)

Also in attendance: Charlotte Cole (CC, Clerk) and 3 members of the public. The meeting commenced at 7.30pm.

 

1. Apologies received and accepted.  Stephen Sadler (SS) away, Rick Brookes-Smith (RBS) away.

2.The Council approved the accuracy of draft Minutes of the previous meeting (11.06.20) and signed by Chair.

3 / 4. Public Forum – One Four Elms resident raised concerns regarding the speed of traffic noting the increase

in cyclists, families, pedestrians and horses on the Bough Beech road and surrounds. Narrow hedges, concealed

entrances etc.  Issues were discussed and resolved that the Clerk would liaise with KCC Member (Peter Lake)

and the resident to explore the issues further and what action possible.

Matthew Dickins (SDC Cllr.) updated on SDC issues and invited any questions.

 

Items for discussion / decision;

 

5i.        Councillor vacancies.  Update on Four Elms ward vacancy – BW updated that had been in contact with Four Elms school teachers / Governors and parents to promote the vacancy. AH suggested Clerk re-join the “Next door” online group to promote the vacancy.

5ii.       To receive the resignation of Anita Sebastian (Hever ward), with immediate effect.  The Clerk advised of the procedure to advertise vacancy and if no by election called, then will be able to co – opt.

5iii.      Do any of the Councillors have training IT needs they wish the Clerk to arrange? – none.

6.         Financial update. Receipts and payments since last update & accounts and statement reconciliation received and noted.

7.         No grant applications received.

8.         Updated membership of committees. – BW to join the Finance and Employment Committee (with Chair, Vice Chair and Clerk).  The Clerk wished to highlight to the Council that the busy Planning Committee consisted of SS, AH, RBS and DL so any new Cllrs. may wish to be involved in planning matters.

9.         Parish wide and District volunteer scheme update – SDC scheme will end at the end of September.  Clerk liaising with SDC to contact volunteers and any locals still receiving help to manage transition.

10.       Four Elms pond – further options were discussed to further encourage responsible behaviour by those fishing, having taken legal advice it was resolved not to consider a byelaw at this stage – for a number of reasons e.g. alternative legislative measures already exists to address the problem of illegal behaviour, whether a magistrate would be supportive that a byelaw was necessary / not excessive or disproportionate, significant consultation would be required (not just with those living in the local area), issues of enforcement and whether behaviour would change etc.

11.       Planning; applications responded to and outcomes – attached to agenda.

12.       Urgent issues at the discretion of the Chairman for noting or inclusion on future agenda.  Chair

requested an update on heritage fingerpost signage – Clerk had requested quotes.

13.       GDPR – to update any developments or actions required. None.

14.       To determine matters arising from the previous minutes for updating / noting – none

 

 

15.       Consultations / Other Correspondence.

·         Thanks from ex Councillor Christine Thompson for the card.

·         Resolved to hold scheduled 22nd September meeting in person at planned venue of Hever village hall.  Clerk advised the Council that it hadn’t met in Four Elms since March 2019.  AH advised that sadly the Four Elms village hall was already booked on 22.09 so was resolved to continue with the Hever venue.

 

Items for updating on / for information;

  • Hever parish field hut renovation works – scheduled for early August.
  • Four Elms playground re opened from 4th July.

 

16.       Consultations / Other Correspondence.

Gatwick update (SL, RBS, DL).  Clerk reported back from attendance at Roundtable meeting regarding Gatwick Northern Runway Project – 19th February 2020.  DL expressed concern as to why the few planes that were currently flying were passing over Hever.

Council tax breakdown for Hever Parish for 2020 – 2021.

Ward demographics summary (Clerk) discussed and Clerk to share electronically with Cllrs.

Council for Protection of Rural England CPRE Committee – the Council did not wish to nominate a Cllr. to be representative

JW – advised that Hever village hall Chair to be appointed soon and will likely lead renovation / funding drive.

JW asked for editorial / articles for the Link magazine, especially any from Four Elms.

 

The zoom meeting ended 8.40pm.

 

 

2020 Parish Council scheduled meetings

MONTH           DATE               DAY                 LOCATION                               EVENT

SEPT                22                    TUES                HVH                                         Mtg

NOV                 26                    THURS               MBVH                                     Mtg

 

Planning meeting 7pm, full meeting 7.30pm (unless stated otherwise)

 

 

 

 

 

Hever Parish Council July 2020 Newsletter – including planning news

An update from Hever Parish Council.

We held our most recent meeting on the zoom internet platform on 23rd July, when issues such as the speed limit in Four Elms (How Green / Bough Beech road areas) was discussed (at the request of a local resident), the volunteer scheme, Four Elms pond and other topics.  Thanks to the wonder of modern technology, 2 locals were able to join the meeting via their laptops and one Councillor even managed to sign in and contribute whilst on the commute home.  Draft minutes will appear on local noticeboards, Facebook and the website (www.hever.org) soon.
The Clerk was happy to report that £500 grant had been secured from a Tesco Covid fund.  For any local groups who are looking for grants, please do register for
https://kentcf.org.uk/
https://www.idoxopen4community.co.uk/kent
and contact the Clerk for any support Clerk@hever.org
Our next meeting is Tuesday 22nd September, Hever village hall, 7pm planning and 7.30pm for full council meeting.  As always, everyone most welcome and please monitor hever.org for latest Agenda.

We have a vacancy in the Four Elms and Hever ward of the parish – so if you are interested in this positive role please contact clerk@hever.org
We hold 6 meetings a year (early evenings across the villages) and are a friendly bunch supported by the employed Clerk who deals with the finances, processes and administration of the Council.

Planning news;
From Sevenoaks District Council (The Planning Authority) Article 4 Directions – Newhouse Farm Lane, Hever (near Edenbridge)
Certain types of development, subject to some conditions, do not require full planning permission from us. These are called permitted developments.
An Article 4 Direction can be used to remove specific permitted development rights in all or parts of the Sevenoaks District.
We have become aware of a piece of land that is being marketed north of Newhouse Farm Lane, Hever and it has been considered necessary to introduce an Article 4 Direction.
There is a Direction removing permitted development rights for gates, fences and walls; means of access to a highway; temporary buildings and structures and temporary use of land. This has immediate effect.
This Direction will come into force on Thursday 30 July 2020.
There is a Direction proposing to remove permitted development rights for the use of land as a caravan site and this does not take effect immediately.
This Direction, if confirmed, will come into force on Thursday 27 August 2020.

The documents will show up on the page after 1pm today. It would be appreciated if you could encourage residents within your areas to make comment on this matter.

https://www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/info/20008/planning/523/article_4_directions_-_newhouse_farm_lane_hever_near_edenbridge

Letters relating to the Article 4 will be sent out to several parties today. This includes the current owners, the current tenants, the buyer, the buyer’s agent and the two companies marketing the land; Exclusive Property Sales and Marcus Barnard. I have passed on information regarding this latest piece of land and the way it is being marketed to KCC Trading Standards who have passed it on further to Wandsworth Trading Standards due to the companies registered location.

Hever Parish Council are in regular contact with SDC Planning on all planning matters, relating to applications within the parish, in parishes / towns bordering Hever parish and towns and District wide issues e.g. Local Plan.  We are very grateful to the all the volunteer Councillors on the Planning Committee who give so much of their time and expertise.

Please note Hever Parish Council will be considering the matter and its response at the next meeting.

With thanks to Sevenoaks District Seniors Action Forum for the following item:

  • There seems to be a dearth of easy listening music on radio, so we were pleased to discover the launch of a new free radio station m4dradio.com. Listeners can choose from a selection of music from the 1930s/40s, 1950s, 1960s and 1970s 24 hours a day. The station can be accessed via any internet enabled device including computers, tablets, mobile phones, smart TVs and Alexas. Music for Dementia launched this service to help people with dementia and their carers but having listened to the station we feel that anyone interested in taking a nostalgic, musical interlude down memory lane would enjoy tuning in.  https://m4dradio.com/

Hever Parish Councillor – vacancy for Four Elms and Hever

AGENDA Hever Parish Council to be held by ZOOM on 14th JULY 2020 commencing at 7.30 pm for the transaction of business as set out below.

AGENDA

To:   The Members of Hever Parish Council.  I hereby summon you to attend the meeting of Hever Parish Council to be held by ZOOM on 14th JULY 2020 commencing at 7.30 pm for the transaction of business as set out below.

https://zoom.us/j/96981400024?pwd=bnFTOEhtOUkvd25hLzhlOUt1TUFadz09

Meeting ID: 969 8140 0024

Password: 621941

Signed;      Clerk              Date   08.07.20   *attachment

To assist in the speedy and efficient dispatch of business, please contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting if further factual information is required on an item on the Agenda.

Please note the adopted procedure for virtual meetings (2020).

  1. To receive apologies and declarations of interest in respect of business specified on the agenda (Chair).
  2. *To approve the accuracy of draft Minutes of the previous meeting (11.06.20) (Chair).
  3. Public Forum (10 minutes)

The Council will receive statements and questions from the public (this is the only opportunity for members of the public to make a contribution during the meeting) and for members with pecuniary interests to speak on items on the Agenda.

 

Items for discussion / decision;

 

  1. Request by resident of Four Elms for change to speed limit / road signage in the school / How Green / Bough Beech road areas.

 

5i.    Councillor vacancies.  Update on Four Elms ward vacancy (BW / AH).

5ii.   To receive the resignation of Anita Sebastian (Hever ward), with immediate effect.

5iii.  Do any of the Councillors have training IT needs they wish the Clerk to arrange? Continue reading

« Older posts

© 2020 Hever.org

Theme by Anders NorénUp ↑