HRA and our trusted friends are here to help
If you are self-isolating, or if you know of a neighbour that is vulnerable or self-isolating, due to COVID-19 please let us know and we will do our best to help. We can:
- Pick up shopping essentials, subject to availability
- Collect prescriptions from Edenbridge Medical Centre
- Give a friendly phone call / ask the vicar to phone you
- Take pets to the vet
- Post mail
Please help us to work together as a community and support each other. If you would like to offer your services, please let us know.
Coronavirus is contagious. Please take every precaution to ensure everyone remains safe.
Welcome to the Hever Residents Association (HRA). We are a voluntary and non-profit making organisation. Our stated aims are “to preserve, protect and if possible, improve the local environment; also to promote the well being of the community”.
HRA formed in January 1990. Since then we have organised numerous village events, to help bring our community together, and helped to preserve the character of our village.
From this page you find out about:
What do we do?
- Events – We help to organise numerous events to help bring our community together. In 2019 we had our second village scarecrow competition and Halloween party. Other events included an Easter egg hunt, family Christmas carols and a meeting about the Sevenoaks District Local Plan.
- Planning – We keep an eye on local planning applications and let members know if any major issues arise. In 2019 we organised a village meeting about the Sevenoaks District Plan, we also submitted a number of planning letters both supporting and opposing local developments.
- Preservation – We aim to help protect our village and its landmarks. We have restored the red telephone box on Uckfield Lane, erected the village notice board opposite the Henry, the beacon post on the parish field and researched, designed and installed the village sign that hangs from it.
These are just some of the things made possible by your support.
Help us help you…
Villages, such as ours, rely heavily on the support of their residents. In rural communities residents associations carry some “clout” with Local Authorities and other agencies, which helps give local people a voice that will be listened to and heeded (well – sometimes!)
Your subscriptions help us meet our stated aims and maintain Hever as a village we are all proud to be a part of.
Please become a member and help us achieve these aims.
We would also love to hear from you if you are interested in getting involved, either by becoming a committee member or an associate committee member and just lending a hand on the odd occasion. If you are interested in helping us, please contact Laura Palmer: email@example.com 01732 864 257 Brooke Cottage, Uckfield Lane, Hever, TN8 7LG.