The Members of Hever Parish Council
I hereby summon you to attend the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of Hever Parish Council to be held at Hever village hall on Tuesday 7th May 2019 commencing at 7.30pm for the transaction of business as set out below.
Signed; Clerk Date 30.04.19 *attachment / printed copy
- To receive apologies.
- Only open session of the meeting- Public Forum (10 minutes)
- Declarations of interest in respect of business specified on the agenda
- *To approve the accuracy of Minutes of the previous meeting – 20.03.19 and 2018 AGM (JH).
To assist in the speedy and efficient dispatch of business, please contact the Clerk in advance of the meeting if further factual information is required on an item on the Agenda.
- To receive apologies and declarations of interest in respect of business specified on the agenda.
- *To approve the accuracy of draft Minutes of the previous meeting (15.01.19) (Chair).
- Public Forum (10 minutes)
The Council will receive statements and questions from the public (this is the only opportunity for members of the public to make a contribution during the meeting) and for members with pecuniary interests to speak on items on the Agenda.
Items for discussion / decision;
(during the meeting, can all Cllrs. please sign the Annual Declaration – required by Insurers**).
- Julie Terry, Tenancy Services Manager & Jo Mahieu, Head of Allocations – West Kent Housing Association attending to report on current housing provision and management within the District and Parish.
- Affordable Housing – (SS / CT / CC). To report on progress and call for sites.
- *Parish wide traffic review – report back from Clerk / AH / RBS following traffic review and recommendations for village gateways with costings for 2019 / 20.
- Four Elms school traffic project – to report back (BW).
- Shopping facilities in Four Elms.
- Gatwick update (DL, SL, RBS)
- Easter Litter Pick (RBS / AH) for Four Elms and Markbeech scheduled for Easter Saturday.
- *Elections – note District and Parish wide elections Thursday 2nd May.
- Remuneration for Cllrs. – HPC have not adopted a policy to date. NB. Co – opted Members are not eligible and this is separate to travelling and subsistence costs which may be claimed. However, it could compensate for childcare / carer issues. There are tax implications. Does the Council wish to consider a remuneration policy for 2019 – 2020?
- Social Media – do the Members feel we should have a social media policy to cover conduct / representations made by Cllrs. on social media, or can this be part of the Code of Conduct?
- *HPC Annual policies – updated in advance of AGM. Could Members study the policies in advance of the meeting to ratify? Please note, no changes to;
Headlines from the last meeting are; (1) HPC to work with other groups to comment on the new planning application (that appeared at the last minute in the SDC Local Plan) for 300 homes between Hever and Hartfield road (2) Budget for 2019 – 2020 was agreed and will be a REDUCTION in household council tax (by 7.4%) – thanks to careful spending & successfully obtaining grants for the Four Elms playground. (3) the Council agreed to work with English Rural Housing Association to study further any LOCAL affordable housing needs.😃
2018 Nov minutes draft
To: The Members of Hever Parish Council
I hereby summon you to attend the meeting of Hever Parish Council to be held at HEVER Village Hall.
on TUESDAY 18th September 2018 commencing at 7.30pm Continue reading
In a report published in December 2014, the Rural Housing Alliance has stated that ‘For many rural households, finding somewhere affordable in their local community remains a barrier, with homes costing over eight times the average salary in 90% of rural local authority areas. Continue reading